I have got a multi-lingual website - German and English.
I built this with Joomla 1.5 and use JoomFish for the translation.
Everything works fine, but I've got two issues I can't resolve with my limited skills.
1. Language specific logo
I need the logo in the header to update according to the language.
So when English is selected it switches to English... and when German is selected, the German version appears.
2. German letters i.e. ö, ü, ä. are not appearing
Currently the tiles and menus are not showing german letters on the front end of the site - i.e. öüä.
But they are showing in the body copy.
I want them to show in the titles and menu's aswell.
I've had a look on forums and it seems it's a common problem that can be solved.
I just can't seem to find how to do it.
I'm currently running JoomFish for my translation.
But my understanding is that this issue is with Joomla and it not allowing these letters.
FYI - I do have both German and English installed on the front and backend.
Look forward to getting this sorted.
Happy to answer any questions.