***Read carefully & respond completely to grab this long term opportunity***
I run a web design firm. We are in need of a programmer with expertise in PHP, MySQL & Joomla.
Freelancers will be preferred over companies. This is a long term position wherein I will open new projects for you from time to time.
What you can expect from me
- Quick communication,
- Milestone payments uploaded & released on time
- Well thought out feed backs.
- Understanding of code
By chance, if a project ever goes incomplete due to me, I will make sure your feedback section does not take the negative effect of that.
What I need from you
Please read the following requirements carefully and mention "I am a PHP super hero" at the beginning of your private message so that I know you've read this. I am very serious about every word mentioned below, so make sure you match up.
- "Proven" experience in web applications development. This would include simple jobs like login functionality and more complex jobs like setting up a classifieds or matrimonials site.
- Good knowledge of Joomla.
- Good project management skills. Should be able to prepare project requirements questionnaire for obtaining information from clients.
- Preferred (not necessary) skills:
1. Able to convert static pages into Joomla template.
2. Ecommerce experience (Joomla extension / Magento etc.)
3. Knowledge of & experience in frameworks/libraries for faster development.
- **Honest - the most important ingredient.
If you can’t report to me for a day because your wife nagged you for an outing, tell me. If you’re a student and have an exam, tell me. If you don’t know how to do something, say “I don’t know”. I’ve been there, done that and can understand when glitches occur.
- Quick, clear communication in English
- Questions my logic & offers alternative solutions with reasoning.
- *Proactive in finding solutions to things he does not know.
- Organized, personable & having good sense of humour.
- **Gives “consistently” competitive quotes for current & future projects
- India based freelancers preferred, for easier communication over phone. Not a necessity though.
Project - Bid on this
Create a login functionality & ability to upload documents on a static website. Here's the brief.
1. I want to allot user accounts to my clients who will be able login through my site.
2. I should be able to allocate and upload documents (Word, PDF) for each user account such that each user can see only his set of documents.
Template will be provided. Dynamic pages must be in sync with the template.
You MUST answer the following question else your bid will be rejected.
Will it become ‘easier’ for you and will it ‘cost’ me less, if instead of adding the required functionalities on a static website, you convert the static pages to a Joomla site and then build out the login functionality? What would be the difference in costs and the breakup for the same?
Conclusion – What you MUST tell me
1. Why I should hire you long term?
2. Your current employment status – freelancer/employee/student/company. You will NOT be discredited in any case.
3. Roughly, how much time you are free for work in a week or month. Less/more will not be a problem. I can hire more than one freelancer.
4. DONT underbid. Bid what you would charge in future as well for this kind of project.
4. Quote ‘realistic’ time in which you will complete this job. Delivery period will not be of much concern when choosing bidder, please be honest.
5. Samples of completed projects – simple/complex.
6. Answer my question
Any questions, please message me.
6. Anser my question --> "Will it become ‘easier’ for you and will it ‘cost’ me less, if instead of adding the required functionalities on a static website, you convert the static pages to a Joomla site and then build out the login functionality? What would be the difference in costs and the breakup for the same? "
Also, please let me know more about your skill sets, especially if you have the 'preferred' skills too.