This project will be a piece of cake for a programmer who knows what he/she is doing (and understands social networking and web 2.0 interaction).
I am looking to build a community connecting people are passionate about a specific sport (I’ll give you the sport when I select you).
This is a pretty straightforward project. I want an open-source CMS (as long as you can add in the modules and plug-ins I need). I like Joomla a lot, but can be talked out of it if you can deliver what I am looking for using another open-source CMS.
I am looking for people who will actually tell me what route they plan to take, rather than a “canned” auto-reply. If you are thinking about sending me a canned reply, PLEASE SAVE YOUR TIME AND MINE!
My community site has 8 major parts.
1. Profiles / Buddy System - Members should be able to create their own interactive profiles:
a. Profiles consist of user’s entire record (info about them, multiple uploaded photos, questions they answer, their latest forum posts, their latest comments on other profiles, profile views count, anything about that user).
b. Ways to contact user (via private message, public comment on the user’s profile page).
c. Way to add user to buddy list. Each user manages a buddy list that they can add and remove buddies to/from.
d. Each user gets their own url like [url removed, login to view]
e. Ability for each user to add CSS / style code to their profile where html is allowed. This will allow user to change look and feel of their pages.
f. Ways for members to find each other (search area, browse listings area, etc).
2. Forums - Members should be able to interact in discussion forums.
a. Ability to create sub forums.
b. Should be integrated with profiles so users can easily click to see a profile.
c. Should have user photos next to ANY username (even on the front page of the forums).
d. Should have ranks and special title abilities.
e. Should be integrated with private messaging.
3. Groups - Members should have ability to join, create, and manage their own groups. There will be listing of group categories (determinable by me). Users can create/join groups in each of these categories. A group consists of:
a. A listing of all members, usually top 16 on front page and link to view all.
b. A fully functioning forum within the group.
c. A photo gallery for members of the group to upload to.
d. A public announcement board on the front page of the group.
e. The group founder is automatically the moderator of the group and has full privileges to delete forum topics, delete members, control whether group is publicly shown in main categories or hidden, whether group allows open membership or each member must be approved first).
f. Each group should have its own url. Example at [url removed, login to view]
4. Content Centers - Members should have ability to view and submit content.
a. Place for webmaster to easily add articles, embedded html code, etc.
b. Ability for members to comment on articles (Note: wherever a username appears, their photo should appear as well --- all throughout the site… VERY important).
c. Ability to rate article/content and show most popular/highly-rated articles in certain area of content center.
5. Media / File Centers - Members can view and upload various files (audio, video, docs, trial software).
a. Users can upload files. These files should be listed on their profile pages as well.
b. File are categorized (categories are chosen by me).
c. Members can click link to get the “embed” code so they can
post the media file anywhere online (there must be a link in the code pointing back to my site… “more files like this at [url removed, login to view]”).
d. Users can comment/rate each media file.
6. Blogs - Members can manage their own blog
a. Users can write and manage daily entries.
b. Automatically archives older entries.
c. Can upload photos and all other standard blogging functionality.
d. Other users can comment on various blog entries.
e. Listing of all active blogs in one “blog directory” area.
7. Social bookmarking plug-in - Using a widget like [url removed, login to view], there should be a place for a user to bookmark any page on the site very easily. This can be placed in the header or footer, as long as it is on every page and shows a unique page title when user chooses to bookmark a specified page.
8. Chat room - Ability for members to chat. Flash-based audio/video preferred but not required.
9. Instant messaging - Ability for users to send instant messages (that pop up or hover over page) and chat back and forth privately. One neat solution is www.userplane.com.
10. ANYTHING ELSE that can be added to such a system to enhance the user’s experience. I’ll leave this up to you.
At the end of the day, I’m looking for ease-of-use (on my end) and user-friendliness and a web 2.0 feel on the user end.
To make sure you have read my post, please put with the words “COMMUNITY 2.0” in the beginning of your reply.
40 freelancers are bidding on average $1307 for this job
expert in building community site, phpizabi cms can be used for you website, fully experience, check out some works [login to view URL], [login to view URL]