I have a live Magento 220.127.116.11 store.
Right now the store sends the customer their password in an email. I don't want to show the customer their password in the email itself.
Instead, I would like to provide a link in this customer email that will return them (securely) to the store to enter a new password there.
- customer enters their account email address (code already in place in Magento to do this)
- store sends customer a reset email (code already in place in Magento to do this)
- email will no longer display password in body
- instead, email will contain a link that returns them to a secure HTTPS store page
- this new store page has two fields: "New password" and "Confirm new password"
- error check to ensure 1) passwords match 2) fields are not empty. If they do not, display message
- if they do match, store new password with customer's profile and direct them to "My Account/Edit Account Information" section
- integrate a free Ajax script to check password strength. This is a matter of just assigning a class to the password field and installing the JS module I already have
- write brief comments in code/pages that are modified
- all pages must fit within current website design, CSS