This will be a 2 part project:
1. Setup Amazon EC2 and S3 for our Magento e-commerce site. This will include auto-scaling capability. Database should run on Amazon RDS instance. All EC2 instances will be behind Elastic Load Balancer which handles HTTPS certificates.
2. Optimize Magento to increase page load speeds across our site. This will include:
- Enabling GZIP Compression.
- Optimizing the Apache instances on the server.
- Install APC for opcode optimization and shared Memcache implementation to use memory of all active EC2 instances
- Enabling KeepAlives in Apache configuration.
- Optimizing MySQL's cache queries and enable Amazon RDS integration
- Anything else you feel is necessary for optimal site performance
3. Optional Magento configuration
- Migrate existing site to Magento with support for multiple country websites
Please provide a portfolio of sites that you have worked on to prove your expertise in both AWS and Magento optimization.
Provide details on what process you would take to complete this project so that the site will be optimized for mass scalability.
For this project, we will be monitoring the process through [url removed, login to view], skype or other video conferencing service.