We currently have over 1,000 "Users" and this number is increasing by about 20 per week.
We plan to have less than 10 Administrators.
01) A Registration section that assigns a sequential number as the "User ID" and allows the user to enter a "Password".
02) A Login for Registered Users.
03) Each "User" must be able to create an editable "User Profile", including the changing of their password.
04) Each "User" must be able to create and edit multiple "Artist" records within their record.
05) Each "User" must be able to create and edit multiple "Album" records within each "Artist" record.
06) Each "User" must be able to create and edit multiple "Song" records within each "Album" record.
07) Each "User" and the "Administrator" must be able to create multiple "Message" records within each "Song" record.
08) When a "User" creates a "Message" record, an email alert must be sent to an "Administrator" selected by calculation.
09) When an "Administrator" creates a "Message" record, an email alert must be sent to the "User".
10) Reports must include "All Records", "Active Records" and "Inactive Records" from "User", "Artist", "Album" and "Song" levels.
11) "Users" must be able to retrieve their "lost password" via automatic email response.
12) All transactions must back-up to off-server storage and be readily restorable.
For a good example of what I am looking for you can view this link: [url removed, login to view] This is not my site, but is a good example of what I want my membership area to do.
So far this is pretty easy I believe, but I also want to have a way for the user name and password to be created on the ftp side whenever they create and/or change the password and/or user name in the membership area (html side). I have an unlimited number of ftp users that can be created on my server, but I don't know if there is an easier way to accomplish this rather than manually creating each user. I would think there is a better way with .htaccess or something similar.
We have very large files that members will be uploading and the only real way to do this is with ftp. Other methods on the html side time out after so long. Need each user to have the same user and pass on ftp side for their convenience and so we can easily track who is uploading and know which files go with each client. Would also need this system to alert when and where any files get uploaded on the ftp server.