Looking to have a basic PHP script written that can be used in different projects.
I want to collect data from my own site on a specified time basis (daily, weekly, etc) and have it stored in a database.
Here are the fields:
URL (will be unique)
Website name (mostly unique, though not in all cases)
URL related number (not unique, grabbed from my website)
Daily Increase/Decrease (raw number and percentage)
Weekly Increase/Decrease (raw number and percentage)
Monthly Increase/Decrease (raw number and percentage)
What I need from the script:
- That it grabs the URL related number once a day (I will provide the PHP script for this that returns the number), saves it to the database along with the date
- That it calculates the daily increase or decrease, saves the raw number to the database, calculates the percentage change for display
- That it saves the 5 days with the greatest numerical increase
- That it totals the daily numbers for a weekly and monthly count, saves the raw numbers to the database, calculates the percentage change for display
- Overwrites or deletes the daily numbers after a month so that the database doesn't get too large
I will need to be able to display the various information (raw numbers, percentage changes), and specify HTML to precede and follow the data (so that they can be displayed in a table, in a list, etc). I should be able to display information for one URL, or multiple URLs.
If you are interested in this project, include a message that specifies how you would structure the table(s) for maximum speed/efficiency. This doesn't have to be long or detailed, just how many tables you would create and why. If you think 2 tables with a join would be best, say why. If you think one table with a select statement is best, say why.
***Bids that don't include a note about how you would structure the database table(s) will not be considered.***
If this works well, I'll very likely want ongoing work on the script to deal with more data, and additional projects.
There is no design/visual/creative aspect to this project.