We are looking for someone to create an online stock system for our client. The website must be created in PHP/MySQL. There is NO NEED for a layout, only code.
Our client owns several petrol stations. He would like to get his stock system online for easy managing all petrol stations. It must contain 2 sections: Petrol stock and newspapers/magazines stock. Each station should have his own separate stock but there should be a general stock too (calculation from all individual stocks).
Each day the ADMIN will give in the numbers of delivered newspapers/magazine to all of his shops. The employees from the shops will give in the return number (unsold newspapers/magazines) in the employee area.
It should be possible for the admin to view/edit all data, even if the employees entered it. The employees need to have the possibility to login to more than one shop. (some employees work each day at a different shop).
Those rights can only be managed by the Admin!
The employees can only edit a very limited number of fields, the rest should be visible but grayed out (not editable). More info at the Client Area section below.
What do we expect from you?
You create an Admin area with the following possibilities:
• Employee management: Manager to create employees and set rights to employees. (eg. An employee can work at more than one station). Only the admin should be able to edit those details (login, password, station access).
• Petrol station management: Add/remove petrol stations (shops). Keep in mind that each petrol station has a different number of petrol tanks…
• Product management: Add/remove products that can be sold at the shops (like newspapers/magazines). It must be possible to put products under a category (eg. Newspapers, magazines, …)
• Stock management: View/edit stock from all shops. It should be possible to enter the delivered items here each day for each shop that is in the database. Make sure you make it easy to edit. (eg. When you click “enter today’s deliveries” you should be able to select the shop and then the product category. Then you get a list with ALL products in that category. The only thing the Admin has to do is enter a number after the product name. Default date when clicking on “enter today’s deliveries” should be $Now but it must be possible to manual choose another date. If there is already a filled in delivery on that date, then it should be editable).
Some remarks here:
- The stock should be able to go negative.
- The admin should have the possibility to generate a sales report (delivered/returned goods). He can choose the shop(s) and the period (2 calendars to click on, then lookup the period between those dates and generate the report).
• Petrol management: Like I said before: each shop has its own number of Petrol tanks. Those can contain a different type of petrol (eg. Gasoline, LPG, Diesel, Unleaded, …) or have a different capacity.
It should be possible to manage those tanks for each station in the database here.
The admin must be able to update ALL fields.
You create a Client area with the following possibilities:
• Before the employee logs in, he must be able to select the shop. He can only login to shops he has the rights to (defined by the Admin). On each Employee page the station name should be visible.
• Stock management: Here the Employee will enter the returned (unsold) items each day. There should be no possibility to enter another date, only the date $NOW! He will enter this the same way as the admin, by category. He must be able to see (NOT edit, so grayed out) the delivered items from the day before next to the field he has to fill in (“Return”). Keep in mind that it’s not good to use the day – 1 function. There are no deliveries/returns on Sundays. So always use the last delivery record from the database.
There should be a possibility to view/search the stock number of a specific product. No need to edit it from here.
• Petrol stock management: Here the Employee can edit the provision in the tanks for his station. Only the provision should be editable, the rest should be grayed out but visible.
We provide you with the product names/field names for each Category (Excel File).
We provide you with MySQL / FTP details to host the website.
If there are any questions for this project, I would like to answer them. Sorry for my bad English, my main language is Dutch.
Our client believes he want to add more functions to this system in the future so it would be nice if we can work together again after this project!
Pulse ICT Services
35 freelancers are bidding on average $589 for this job
Expert in doing this sort of stuff... No upfront needed, all payments through GAF Milestone Payment (Escrow).. Online 16 Hours a day, Can start right away.. Thanks
HI... JARC InfoTech offer you best of IT services merged with latest technology in the lowest possible price range for website designing & development. Please check your PMB for more details.
Clear with requirements and will be done in MVC Framework for easiness for future scalability and maintainability. Looking forward to your message in PM. Thank you.