PickingPups would like to integrate their live video streaming server with their online classifieds system. The two PHP code systems are: 1. Video Whisper (found at: [url removed, login to view]) and 2. Ikiclassifieds (found at: [url removed, login to view])
1. Users have to manually embed the streaming feed URLs into their ads
2. Lack of permanent URL for video feeds
3. Snapshots of feed channels are not retained.
4. Have to create two separate accounts, one on the classifieds server and one on the video server
5. If stream is interrupted, a new video channel with URLs for embedding must be created to stream video
6. All live channels need to be linked to an administrative page for a site admin to have an overview of all current live streams
CURRENT PERCEIVED APPLICATION SOLUTIONS THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The following are the perceived ways of solving these problems based on initial client discussions and going over the Merge of Softwares document provided by PickingPups
1. Video Feed URLs
Problem - lack of permanent streaming video URLs to place in ads
Solution ï¿½ By storing the channel name in the database and adding error logic to the live video launch site and the ad creation page we can prevent users from using names already taken. Then the URL that was first generated and placed in the ad will always work when they launch their live feed.
2. Having two URLs to post a live video stream into an ad
Problem ï¿½ There are currently 6 steps a user must take to post an ad and needs to be streamlined
Solution ï¿½ By automating the live video channel creation the user can stay on the ad creation page. This can be accomplished by including the channel creation info on the ad creation page. Once they have filled out the ad and clicked on the link to make it active it will display a link to launch their live video feed.