I have a "Plugin" that I had made a while back and would like to have some updates made to it and some of its bugs fixed. It's not technically a browser plugin but what it does is the user downloads and installs it and than when they go to play a game on my site, the games load into the Plugin and "appear" to play in the play window.
This project will require C++ knowledge and I'm pretty sure the Plugin was created with Visual Studio 2008. You'll also need some basic PHP knowledge because the page the games play on are on a PHP page. I do have some pretty good documentation that I can give you that the original creator wrote up. I'll also give you the project files needed to make the updates.
TRY OUT THE PLUGIN to get an idea of how it works. You can download the Plugin here:
[url removed, login to view]
Once you install it and restarted your internet browser, you can test out with this game here:
[url removed, login to view]
Click the 'Play Game' link. The plugin plays best in Firefox and only works on a Windows computer.
Here's details of the things I want done:
Ok here are the bug fixes:
1. More N64 Plugins so that there's better N64 game support
2. Fix the issue with some GBA games that give the '1 MB Circuit Board error', more info here: [url removed, login to view]
3. Sometimes save files fail to download or upload, it should automatically retry (and maybe delete the downloaded file incase in got corrupted and attempt to redownload a new save file)
4. Sometimes the rom fails to download or the downloaded file gets corrupted so attempt to redownload it and delete the current if it didn't download fully; more info here: [url removed, login to view]
5. When playing certain games for Game Boy or Game Boy Color, such as Pokemon games, the Plugin is constantly uploading a save state every few seconds
6. I'd like for that IE safe mode issue to be fixed
7. It seems like sometimes it's not taking a users save state from the server. Like if they switch machines, they can no longer get their save state, I'm not sure if this applies for all the systems or not.
8. It seems like some RPG games for the GBA either have troubles starting up, freeze up at a certain point or have troubles saving, i could probably get more details on this later
9. I'd like to have the location of where the save files and screenshots get stored on the server changed and broken up into multiple folders instead of all in 1 folder
Here are some added features:
A. Save file auto backup: Basically every time you save your game, a backup is also created
B. Highscore Mode: If a user is playing in this mode, they're unable to use save states (or any other feature which would allow them to cheat) and when they create a save file, it'd go into a 'user_highscores' folder instead of the default 'user_screenshots' folder. Basically this mode would just disable the ability to save and load their progress.
C. Video Recording: If possible, allow users to start recording gameplay (I know some of the emulators have this built in already)
D. Full Screen: Allow users to go into full screen mode, maybe using F12 to get in it and ESC to get out of it
I'd like at least 1 of any of the following systems added (in order of how much I'd prefer it):
-MAME (aka arcade)
I'd also like Famicom Disk System supported, that's already built into the NES emulator in the Plugin, it just needs to be configured to be supported.
I want people to apply who are willing to do future updates to the Plugin because I'll have a ton of future work needing to be done with it that I'm willing to invest a lot of money into.