I have an Oscommerce web site with some contribution and some hand made change.
I would like to have a better product image system.
I've found this contribution that I like: [url removed, login to view] (lightbox version)
But it is not exactly what I want.
What I need is:
- multiple images
- easy upload system (in the product page, in the admin)
- auto resizing and caching of the images (I upload only the biggest size), using the GD2 library
- images must be stored in different folders (i.e. images/imgXS; images/imgL; etc.)
- images must be generated in 4 different sizes:
XS (shown in the product page, below the first bigger photo)
S (for the product listings, home pages and boxes)
M (for the product page, will be the first photo, above the small XS thumbnails)
L (for the lightbox popup)
- the product page must show one size M image and n size XS images below. As you click on a XS image, it swaps the M picture. As you click on the size M picture, it will open the lightbox of the selected image and with the next/previous option
- lightbox popup rather than the classic one
- resizing and image showing must be "smart": if I set a maximum square of 80x80 pixel for the "small" size, if I upload a 800x600 picture, I'll get an 80x60 image, and if I'll upload an 800x500, I'll get a 80x50 image, with no stretching in the pages.
- when deleting a product the system must check if the same photos are used by another item and if not must delete them.
- the site is multilanguage, so any added text must use the variables in the languages files.
- should have the smaller number of pages and DB modify.
If you have already done something similar, a link to the site will be appreciated. If there is not a visible admin section, I'ld like to see at least some screenshoot of the product/image insert page.
Here you can see an idea of the product page I would like (bigger photo with the small thumbnails):
[url removed, login to view];IDType=prd (this is in flash, I don't want it, but you can see the thumbnail and the bigger photo)
or: [url removed, login to view];products_id=86 (here the thumbnail opens a popup rather than swapping the img)
If you haven't already done these modify, please let me see what you did with osCommerce.
Please let me know how long will it take to do these changes.
12 freelancers are bidding on average $149 for this job
We are oscommerce certified developers and masters. Please check my rating page and you will know how we have handled big to mid size oscommerce projects in the last 4 years