We need to add Parceline (Geopost) shipping company to our existing osCommerce shipping system. Basically you need to add extra codes to the existing customised shipping scripts in order to:
1. Genearate a text file containing all necessary information of the orders to be shipped by the new shipping company - Parceline; according to the requirements of their shipping software (see attach notes at the bottom);
2. Save the generated text file to the local C:/ drive (not the web server; it is called an import file)
3. Read back the result files outputed by the Parceline software (in the local C: drive; one file per order except those orders which might have problems)
4. Delete all the result files after they have been read back to the osCommerce sucessfuly
This is how our existing shipping system works :
1. All orders waiting to be shipped are changed to “Processing” by admin
2. Admin will then go to a “Shipping Status” page which list all the orders waiting to be shipped; the shipping status page will show the order No, customer name, the (QTY x Model No pairs), Amount, Weight, Post Code, Country, and Shipping Company (a dropping down list containing all the shipping companies we are using)
3. The admin will select the appropriate shipping company for each and every order from the drop down list, then Update/Confirm (your codes will be appended into the existing scripts so Parceline will be another shipping company option)
4. Then admin can go to a “Shipping Label” page where each shipping companies have orders listed under them,
5. Admin then click on the company he/she want to generate shipping labels, all orders to be shipped by that company are grouped in eight, and order info/shipping details are passed to shipping company’s software. Shipping labels are generated by the shipping company’s software and the tracking No (or error messages) was passed back & displayed on the screen as a new page.
6. The admin then click “Update”, and the orders with a shipping label printed (tracking no passed back) will be updated to “Shipped”, customer was emailed with the tracking No, online tracking link, and shipping’s company’s contact info.
Note: The Parceline software is installed on the local drive (not on the web server), it can be setup to scan a specified folder for the import file periodically (for example, every 0.5 sec); if found, the software will read it and try to generate shipping labels and output result files into another folder. Pls note one import file can contain more than several orders (one line per order); but output files are limited to one file per order. The output files basically contain one full line of the import file plus the tracking No at the back. If for any reason the Parceline failed to generat a shipping label (hence no tracking No) for any particular order, then there will be no output file for that order (The error message will only be displayed on screen).
The Parceline’s shipping software can be downloaded from:
[url removed, login to view]
Manual for this software can be downloaded from:
[url removed, login to view]
21 freelancers are bidding on average $452 for this job
we can easly proceed it as we have done already commerces project before. Plz check the PMB & lets start work Thanks & regards ajay singh [login to view URL]