A few small updates to our newest OSCommerce Store (Version v2.3.1 with PHP [url removed, login to view])
1. Install 'Meta Data' module for products (So we can enter: Page Title, Description, Keywords - for EVERY product)
- you will need to download the module, it is free, we've had it installed on many of our stores already in the past.
- We also need to be able to edit/change the Meta Data of the entire website, so that module needs to be installed too
2. In the Header & Footer menu's the 'Home' button is currently called 'Top' - we need it change to say 'Home' (this is in the text menu's in the header & footer)
3. Create Account Page >>
- Change Date of Birth to read Australian instead of American (So change to dd / mm / yy) for calendar & red writing
- Remove 'Company Details / Company Name' section - it is not needed
- Remove "City" - it's not needed
- Change "Suburb" to say "Suburb or City"
- Country List - make Australia the ONLY option
- State / Provinance list - change to say "State" and a DROP DOWN BOX with these options only:
- New South Wales
- Australian Capital Territory
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Western Australia
4. Checkout Page >>
- Change "Best Way" to say "Australia Post e-Parcel"
- Change "Flat Rate" to say "Flat Rate Shipping"
5. Checkout Confirmation Page >>
Change "GST 10%:" to say "Includes GST of:"
6. Install "Search Engine Friendly URLs"
7. Install a better Newsletter Module - with WYSIWYG Editor, so we can easily design & send out emails to our customers who have subscribed