Downloading data from user account at affiliate advertiser site.
TASK 1 : Automatic Script to update text links data from site daily.
A textlink is a code we put on a webpage to show advertisement from an advertiser. Each advertiser has its own group of textlinks. A textlink may be deactivated by the advertiser. Each advertiser can fall under one or more advertising category eg. ‘Arts & Culture’ etc.
You have to make a script to login to the site using the user’s credentials and download on a daily basis the following data from the html pages of the user account:
1. Advertisers and category they belong to.
2. Textlinks offered by advertisers and also the html code for it.
3. Active/Deactive of textlinks
• The 3 data mentioned above are available to the user from their user account. So your script has to login to the site with the user’s credentials and simulate the user actions to get this data.
• The data must be stored to mysql tables.
• The script must insert new data and update old data as required.
TASK 2 : Automatic Script to update the statistical data for the text links from the zanox reports.
Related to Task 1, there is a statistical reporting page in the user account which displays data like sales etc. for the textlinks we have downloaded in Task 1. You have to make a script to fetch final daily data from this statistics page and put entire data from the file into mysql tables.
TASK 3 : New Affiliates and Applying to them.
a) Script 1 should download details of new affiliates that we can apply to alongwith the details of the new affilates from the program search web page (search with criteria and download the data from the result page) and store the data into mysql tables.
b) We can choose to apply for a new affiliate downloaded in a). Script 2 will automate the process of applying to the new affiliates. This is a simple task. You only need to load the application page and simulate a button click.