Clone of [url removed, login to view]
The scripts for these projects MUST be able to support other languages (latin character set, i.e no asian languages needed)
With urbandictionary, users submit definitions on the website for words, words can have more than one definition, the submitted entry must be approved to be published by an editor through an administrative interface. Any visitor can vote up or down on an entry or submit a new entry for that word. This version will include all these basic features so please go to [url removed, login to view] and check the whole web site please.
- Anyone can submit a new definition entry for a word not already in the dictionary via form
- Anyone can submit a new definition for an existing word in the dictionary via form
-Anyone submit a new picture for a word not already in the dictionary or already existing in the dictionary via form.
- Anyone can vote thumbs up or down for each user submitted entry (cookie restricted so can only vote once per entry)
- Over time, entries move up or down in the order in which they are listed based on thumbs-up / thumbs-down votes.
- this requires a multi-user editor console (login) to approve/disapprove new definition entries. One person with total admin control and ability to add/modify/delete editor accounts. Editors have all editing control except ability to add/create/modify other editors.
- Moderator ability to modify any entry (easy form to update a definition entry in the DB) - admin console needs to have secured login ability.
- Categories: ability to categorize entries alphabetically (easy) and by most famous by number of thumbs-up.
-Please visit and review the dictionary features so you know what is expected.
I hope to add future projects for features of this site and work with you to develop it.
We will not place projects to fix bugs or repair functionality, therefore, we will only accept your bid if you have experience in this or have done exactly this or very similar before. You should also have a good feel for design because a good user interface is required you should create (good look/feel/navigation).
We need to communicate in english, so please make sure this is not a problem. Please only consider this project after you have reviewed [url removed, login to view] cause I want the same as they have over there not something different.
Payments will be made using escrow service to protect both of us. If you have a verifiable portfolio/contact info, you will get a 20% deposit to begin work. I will deposit the remaining funds in your name and release them only when we make sure everything works on the servers and completely fulfills specifications and professional expectations. Thank you for bidding!
You may PM me with a bid for simplified version of this. If you want to just build using joomla CMS with a ready-made script for visitor-added definitions and "thumbs-up/down voting" which sorts defintiions under each word by their voted popularity, we can will accept a bid for that as well.
The budget for this simplified version is $400-600