You must live in Europe.
In your bid please include your monthly salary requirement in US dollars for working 160 hours per month.
We are currently looking for a very talented, full-time European object oriented software engineer (not just a coder) to work with us for at least a year but hopefully longer. We have many challenging new development projects that we need help with (no maintenance).
We have 3 servers running Linux and MySQL. You will probably write your software using Python or Perl or PHP or perhaps even Ruby. We have never used Ruby or the Rails environment but we find them both intriguing. We don't actually care much about particular programming languages. We care that you are a "real" object oriented software engineer (not just a coder).
* Have strong experience with object oriented programming.
* Have strong experience with relational databases.
* Speak English fairly well. (We will talk with you on Skype perhaps an average of 2 or 3 days each week).
* Currently have a *reliable* high speed Internet connection (DSL, Cable, T-1, etc).
* Own a headset so you can speak with us using Skype.
* Be able to work and be available to speak via Skype from 9am-6pm your local time, Monday to Friday.
We will consider you part of our "virtual office." Therefore we must be able to speak with you via Skype you "as needed". What does "as needed" mean? It means that you will be available more than 1/2 of the time we want to speak with you via Skype from 9am-6pm your local time, Monday to Friday. And when you are not available we expect you'll call us back via Skype within roughly 1 hour.
We do not expect you to be available every minute from 9am-6pm your local time, Monday to Friday. However, for example, if you are currently working at a full-time job and are looking for freelance work you can do in the evenings and on the weekends, then this is not the job for you.