PHP/PERL/ASP - Web Data collection
This project received 15 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
We are looking for a web software developed in Perl,or PHP or windows technologies that will do following tasks
- It will connect to online e commerce catalog of three websites, download all product page which contain product information and prices.
- It will extract the required product information from the HTML pages and save them in SQL database (preferably MySQL).
- It will now allow customers to search the new SQL database created and present results similar to the ecommerce website.
- The script can be scheduled to run every day and update stocks and prices and new products if any.
- The 3 ecommerce sites are digikey , mouser, newarkone.
The complete process is very similar to shopping meta search software that extract and store prices form several Airline/ecommerce websites and then show them in integrated view.
You may need to use Regular expressions to extract the data from the html pages. Perl may be most suitable language for such work.
90% accuracy is acceptable : i..e if you are not able to extract complete product data atleast 90% should be extracted and accurate.
If you think that one out of three site may have difficulty in data extraction then you may exclude it form your quote.
Only programmers experienced in using regular expressions for extracting date form HTML pages may apply.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online