I am looking for somebody to help me make some updates/changes to my small social networking site.
You can see exactly what I need doing by reading the below list and simultaneously looking at the site on [url removed, login to view] using login admin/test. This is a ‘ghost’ replica of a live site. Please estimate the time taken to complete the below and make me your best bid. The winner will receive full access to this domain; i.e. SSH, FTP and also Plesk Control Panel. No server root access though.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY!
N.B: If you cannot complete the tasks for good reason we will settle at a lower final price. I will transfer to escrow once you are half-way through the tasks. I will NOT pay for copy/paste code (unless previously stated). All code must be clearly commented. I will not deal with people who are not completely fluent in English. I will not accept an automated bid, only ones which are written individually for my project. Much of my time has been wasted by people who cannot complete a project, I will cancel a project if you disappear for 3 days without good reason and warning, even if you have completed 90% of the work. I want CLEAN code, which is intelligent and TIDY, code which improves on the speed of what is previously there. You should always REMOVE REDUNDANT CODE that you come across. Ugly, inefficient, slow or copied code will mean you are not invited to do further work.
Here is a list of what I need doing;
1. In [url removed, login to view] (click on “discuss” and the select a thread) - There is currently an ‘edit’ function that allows a user to edit his comment once it has been made within a thread. I wish for this edit function to be conditional - satisfying the following condition:
“The edit link will only appear if the user’s post was submitted <5 minutes ago.” i.e timestamp on post is <5 minutes from current time
2. Currently, threads (aka discussions) can continue for any length of time, I wish to have the following condition in all threads:
“A user can only post a new comment to a thread IF the timestamp of the last submitted comment is within one week of current time” This way, threads effectively close after one week of inactivity.
3. There is a basic ranking system in place for all threads – unfortunately it does not work properly. Please make this functionality fully available, I wish to have the following system in place:
i. 10 star rating system for each thread
ii. One vote per user per thread
iii. Average vote of thread displayed from the LEFT i.e. if average vote=5.5 then fill first 5.5 stars in gold starting from the left hand side.
iv. Average rating number and no. votes displayed underneath
v. On [url removed, login to view] display average vote (as stars) in white space between thread title (LHS) and thread time stamp (RHS).
vi. On [url removed, login to view] there is a button “most active threads” to order the discussions by most recent posting. This should read “most popular threads” and order threads by average rating score multiplied by number of votes (eg if discussion ‘a’ has 5 votes with average rating of 3 stars and discussion ‘b’ has 10 votes with average rating of 2 stars then ‘b’ comes above ‘a’)
vii. The order in which threads appear by default on [url removed, login to view] should be in the order of most active, as per the current ‘most active’ button
4. I also wish to have a ranking system for users with the following features;
i. On [url removed, login to view], a user should have the link “vote” displayed on all posts other than his own in the same position as the ‘edit’ link on his most recent posts.
ii. Clicking on ‘vote’ for a particular comment in a particular thread changes the text ‘vote’ to 5 little horizontal gold stars which by hovering the mouse over and clicking, one can vote between 1 and 5 stars for a comment. This vote increments the user’s usr_votes (see users table) by the equivalent value.
iii. Once voted for a comment, the vote stars should appear not the ‘vote’ text if the page is refreshed.
iv. One vote per user per comment
v. This and (3) should both be done in the way that uses the least memory in SQL…and is the quickest (transitional tables?)
5. Incognito function (anonymous comment posting) should be available when posting new threads. So there should be a radio button next to ‘add’ on [url removed, login to view] where a user of level1 or higher can post a new thread as ‘incognito’ and not reveal themselves.
6. Mass invite function. Please add an application on [url removed, login to view] which can send the standard invitation email to a group of friends by accessing your yahoo/hotmail/gmail/outlook contacts and allowing you to select multiple contacts. This can be 3rd party application as long as it allows for usage without any terms or conditions.
7. Networking functionality. On [url removed, login to view], underneath profile information there should be a “Your Network” section displaying those users of the site that are on your network. To add a user to your network you click on their alias anywhere in the site and when you see the pop-up box, there is a button at the bottom ‘Add to my network’. This sends a PM (private message) to that user which says “Can I add you to my private network?” followed by two links; “Yes”, and “No”. “Yes” adds the user, “no” simply does not. To remove a user from network this can be done from the list in [url removed, login to view] ‘remove alias’. Think Facebook!!
8. Why have a network? Because when you add a new thread, if you are level1 or above, there will be radio check button saying ‘Restrict to my network’ which means only those people on your network can add comments to that thread. However all users will be able to read the thread.
1 & 2 should be quick to do as most of the code is already in place, just need a conditional ‘if’ statement and some formatting of time stamps. 3 & 4 require the most work, probably require the implementation of new transitional tables. 5 very quick, 6 copy/paste, 7 & 8 a bit of time also.
So please work out your best price, and good luck bidding!!
7 freelancers are bidding on average $198 for this job
We are suitable for this project as we have already done same type of project...we can give you the exact solutions you are asking...Please check your PMB for more details..... Thanks