We are a medium sized law firm in Texas with an extensive web presence that needs a freelance web-pro to take charge of projects as they arise from time to time.
We don't care if you do all the work yourself or whether you pass some of the work off to your friends or associates. Ultimately we just want one point-of-contact for all of our web needs, without all the corporate planning hassles that most companies require. One person only. We don't care if you contract stuff out... but we just want one person.
We have approximately 10 websites, with 4 of them being our big-money sites. They are hosted virtually with [url removed, login to view] and they all have individual FTP access. The domains can all be administrated by a single control panel. The sites are on a linux server, and many, many varied technologies are used throughout - PHP, ASP, Java, Perl, etc...
We also have a side-business wherein we buy databases and domains and then build websites around the database content. We expect to build at least one additional database website per week once this plan gets rolling.
The ideal web-pro will be able to help us:
- Devise a nightly FTP backup plan for our sites
- Make quick web fixes
- Use CSS, HTML, PHP, ASP, and other technologies
- Perform directory and file restructuring using appropriate 301 redirects
- Perform Mod Rewrites to help us fix some of our URLs
- Be able to embed flash and other visuals into the site
- Be able to provide image and flash development
- Set up system notification emails and SMStext on site failures and alerts
- Be able to provide scripts, tools, spiders, etc
- Be able to set up a working security certificate for certain pages
- Be able to work with MySQL to implement a database backend
- Be a general problem-solver and solutions-finder for our varied needs.
- Be able to design and develop new websites based on our databases.
If you believe this is for you, please send me your cover letter and resume. Be sure to include your hourly rate and your location, current work schedule and other important details. Let us know how much time per week you could potentially devote to us. We're looking to establish a long-term partnership.