* You must be a clever Perl or PHP programmer.
* You must be able to create a simple MySQL database.
* I am a Top 50 GetAFreelancer buyer, have excellent feedback, and pay quickly.
* To indicate you have read this advertisement please put the word “Perl” or "PHP" in a Private Message you send to me. If you put in "Perl" then you will be indicating you intend to use Perl to complete this project; if you put in "PHP" then you will be indicating you intend to use PHP to complete this project.
* If you develop the server part of this application on *your* server and if it meets the requirements when we test it with the client application you provide us with, then I will escrow money for you for this project. However, I will not escrow money for you until I am able to test a working version of the application you have developed.
* You will develop 2 applications (a client application and a server application) that work together to upload files from a client's machine to a server.
* You will use PHP or Perl to develop the client application that will run on the user's Windows, Mac, or Linux machine as, essentially, a standalone piece of application. If necessary, you will create an installation program so that the user can easily install your client application.
* You will use PHP or Perl to develop the server application which will run on several of our Linux servers.
* The client application and server application will communicate with each other over the Internet.
* Your client application will start automatically each time a a machine is rebooted. Therefore, your client application will probably need to run as service in Windows and in a similar manner on a Mac or Linux machine.
* Your client application must have an "autoupdate" checkbox that the user can choose. By default the "autoupdate" checkbox will be checked. As long as the "autoupdate" checkbox is checked your client application will check your server application once every 24 hours to see if a new version of your client software is available. If a new version of your client application is available then without any user intervention whatsoever, your server application will upgrade your client application to the most recent version of your first application.
* What I have included above is *not* the entire project but rather a very small part of the entire project. If you bid on this project I will provide you with the complete requirements.