We have approx 12,000 jpeg images with various sizes ranging up to 1Mb each. There are 800Mb in total files. They are organised in a single directory. We wish to reorganise them as follows:
Files are currently named as: alpha_code~[url removed, login to view]
We do not wish our clients to see the 'alpha_code' part of the name. I think the only solution will be to rename the files: id_code~[url removed, login to view]
We wish to achieve the following:
1. Limit the size of the files to a max 700x700 pixels.
2. Wherever possible improve the quality of the images with regards brightness, sharpness etc. There may be an automated way to do this.
3. Images should be manually inspected one by one and any files which are considered poor quality should be stored in a separate directory so we can re-photograph them. This will involve some judgement, but we trust that :)
4. Pictures to be renamed from alpha_code to id_code. We will provide the codes in whatever way you wish. e.g. A text file:
abc = 123
xyz = 321 etc, etc
5. Store the files in a sub-dir structure. For example, files named: 1234~[url removed, login to view], 1234~[url removed, login to view], 1234~[url removed, login to view], would be stored at: /1234/1234~x?.jpg. In other words, the id_code portion of the name would become the dir. This should be easy to write a php script to do. You will provide the script to us.
6. We currently use [url removed, login to view] to create thumbnails. Please advise us whether this is the best method. Should we use a different tool? Should we cache the images?
We can provide ftp access to image directory.
21 freelancers are bidding on average $83 for this job
Hi Villas, I can get started tonight if you like. I take pride in my work and can provide excellent service. Please see PM for responses to your questions and I look forward to working with you. Thanks Shay
Hello there, we would be happy to accommodate your needs in accepting this project. We are ready to start this job now. Thank you, Bluegrass Mountain Promotions
Passionate photographer, analytical mind, i fully understood your needs and i'll deliver the expected services. Hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Viorel