We have a growing web design and software development firm in the U.S. We are looking to improve our business processes. We would like someone to help us revamp our processes to accomplish these goals:
1) have a more satisifed client
2) more accurately estimate project timelines & meet deadlines
3) have a more enjoyable experience for client
4) have a more stable product
5) have more satisfied developers and designers.
We currently do not have any real system in place. Everything is on a project-by-project basis. We have the potential to grow but are facing bottlenecks because of issues with estimates, understanding client requests, and finishing projects with bugs. This is more vital with the larger projects we take (bigger web apps and software apps).
We have a network of salaried and contract designers and developers in Romania, Russia, and Belarus. Some are individuals and some are small teams. Most are Romanian. We have only 2 employees at our office here.
The person I see as qualified will be able to share ideas that are proven successful for other development firms. The individual should be able to communicate very clearly in English and have very good experience in project management and business analysis.
This project is vague because I don't know exactly what we need. I'm relying on you to help. Feel free to ask questions before bidding.
**You will be required to sign a NDA after being chosen for the project. We will be disclosing secret company information.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Apr 29, 2009 1:39:10 PM:
Update #1: I do not need consulting on finances, accounting, payroll, etc. I am more specifically talking about creating tangible plans of action for the process of accepting quote requests, creating estimates, revising estimates, mockup/wireframe processs, managing the project, showing client the progress, finishing project/sign off. Our biggest issues seem to be effectively estimating large projects. (We grossly underestimate.) Also, we currently write spec docs for projects. We've heard of other more successful firms creating screens for each process (or using Visio) to be sure: 1) we are getting what client expects, and 2) programmers understand how it all works and can code more quickly. **A few people have already posted saying that they're great programmers and ready to take on our project. This is not a web design project. This is a consulting/analysis project.