**UPDATED INFORMATION - as of -05/03/2007 - 02:30PM CST
Current application is written in VB3 using Access 2.0 database. We would like the application updated to VS2003 or VS2005 using VB. Most of the screens can be imported into VS, although you might have to convert to VB6, then to VS2005. These screens use grids in multiple areas. All of the INI and Database commands need to be redone. MSSQL (free version), MySQL or another agreed upon database are options for database. This application will be stand alone and should be distributed as a demo(with limited functions or using a 30 day timer), and as a full version(with registered key).
Application is a basic small business type software package that handles customer information, invoicing, products, history, reports and simple accounting. Approx 40 reports are written in Crystal Reports. Reports can be displayed on the screen with option to print or sent directly to printer.
There are approximately 15 screens. The application currently uses an "INI" file, so it would need to be converted to store this information in the registry or a config file.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday May 1, 2007 3:07:01 PM:
Project information has been updated. Please reread and download new zip file for more information.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday May 3, 2007 4:21:01 PM:
New project (zip) file has been uploaded. Please review and send final bid if any changes.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Jun 8, 2007 10:45:53 AM:
Please verify your bid(s) as we will be making our bid selection in the upcoming week.
If you need more information or would like to discuss the project further, please let us know.
Windows 2000, XP, Vista.