The development would comprise 2 elements:
* Backend application, preferrably in a language that can be easily deployed in a Linux Virtual machine (eg. Python). This application would do 2 things:
- check periodically a specific notebook in Evernote from a user that has an account in our web service and in Evernote. If the notebook has new notes it will extract the information form the note:
* Note title
* Note text with an algorithm to parse some information to different fields. For example a number after the string "P:" is the price that should be stored in a different place
- connect with the database of the web aplication (mysql) to store the information captured from the Evernote notebook (sql INSERT statement). Will include inserting an image into the database and probably having to convert the image size before inserting it.
This backend application will have to be able to record the notes processed to avoid processing them again. This could be done by adding a new tag to the notes like processed_by_website
* Front end application, preferrably in php, where a user that is a member of our website will be able to provide us with access to his/her evernote account using evernote's OAUTH protocol. A popup window allowing us to link with Evernote from the user home screen would probably be enough
You can get more information on Evernote API in the following link.
[url removed, login to view]
However, reviewable experience on developing for Evernote API will be a important criterion for selection.