We are looking for a developer to implement a messaging system in our web application.
* Giving users the ability to send messages to each other.
* Preferably auto-complete search to find the names of the users to send to.
* Have an inbox of messages.
* Reply to messages.
* Display in the top right of the screen of how many messages that are new in their inbox.
* Also we require the ability for users to be able to receive announcement type messages. These are system messages. Such as "You've been invited to a project" etc.
* It should be easy to create new system messages in our controllers/models. Something like current_user.sys_notify("Congratulations, you have been invited")
* Messages have a subject and body.
We are open to the idea of you integrating a gem to handle most of the work such as potentially this one: <[url removed, login to view]>
But you must ensure that it's working within the confines of our application environment and the top requirements. You would still have to implement the interface elements as well.
You must be familiar with ruby and rails development. Must be familiar with either cucumber and/or rspec testing frameworks as we require tests to be created to prove that the features work.
You must also be familiar with git and have a github account as that is how work will be delivered to us.
This is a small project that will help us get this needed functionality into our web application. This project is also a way for us to build a relationship for future work with the accepted candidate. This will get you familiar with our web application and open up the way for future ongoing work with us.
Background on us:
We are a start up that's building tools for information organization, feedback, and collaboration in the enterprise.
We're using rails 3.1 and jquery. Couchdb is the database that we're using.