I have a project that I originally awarded to another developer but that developer vanished and I'm having to start over completely. For that reason, my timeline for this project is very aggressive and I need the person awarded this assignment to be able to start right away once the bidding is complete and deliver the final product really quickly.
This project is a second phase of a project for a client of mine. The first phase was the redesign and transfer of an existing static html website at [url removed, login to view] to the new wordpress powered site currently residing at that URL. As a part of the original website, there is a Scheduling Bulletin Board where college and high school coaches can register an account then enter details about a game or tournament they are sponsoring and seeking teams for participation. Here is a link to the entry page for the bulletin board: [url removed, login to view] Here is a link to the main page for men's tournaments section: [url removed, login to view] There is also a page that shows women's tournaments. Also, here is a link to the login/register page: [url removed, login to view] The scheduling bulletin board is running in Drupal right now. I'm seeking to hire someone who can take the existing scheduling bulletin board and either recreate it in wordpress so it's directly integrated into the new website and wordpress control panel while incorporating a few enhancements from a functionality perspective. Or, rebuild it as a new but simple application, not necessarily in wordpress, but integrated directly into the new website's front-end, perhaps via an iframe interface so it looks seamlessly integrated and can be managed elsewhere.
The owner of the website will want to keep all of the same fields in place and add to the search function with perhaps a couple of extra searchable fields. Here is a breakdown for what they like about it currently and what they would like to improve upon.
What the client likes
- Not having to handhold the users, not much day-to-day involvement on the client's part
- The look and functionality of the core
- Initially sorted by last game entered, but can be filtered by type, season, or university
Continuing issues from the users' point of view:
- Information isn't taken down when a posting is filled
- They sometimes get into the wrong year without realizing it, it needs to be identified more clearly (probably only allowed to get info on one season at a time with a large field displaying the current season)
- Not always clear about how they are to enter and/or edit their own information
- Users should be able to send email to basketball travelers staff when there is an issue
- Help screen
Continuing issues from client's point of view
- Users need to be reminded about taking down posts as they age
- Multiple posts for the same game are often created, instead of the older post being edited
- Many computer generated registrations are created
- User's should be able to provide client with feedback and suggestions either via comment form or email interface.
- Send emails to people that have a current post
- Send emails to every user
- Being able to easily delete users when emails get bounced back as no longer valid
- Downloading a database of user's and email addresses
- Including advertising (our own)
- transfer data to integrate existing users and events from current scheduling board.
I need this scheduling board to be developed within the existing Wordpress framework, and including some form of a mail feature that automatically sends reminder notes to the user when an event passes the date. This project has a very aggressive timeline so if you decide to make a proposal, please be ready to begin as soon as your bid is selected, and finish within a week's time. Thank you in advance and I look forward to reviewing your bids.