- Create joomla website with community builder plugin and customized google maps extension.
- Import users from an existing spreadsheet/database which contains: Name, e-mail and ID number.
- Their password may be the id card number or a random password which the system will e-mail to them in order that they get notified and login later to complete their profiles.
-Every user should be given (he can't choose) an unique coordinate on the Brazilian rainforest.
(These coordinates I have in a excel spreadsheet. All combination can be given to users, but shall never be repeated)
Coordinates and Google maps mashup integration
- Every user will receive automatically two coordinates which will mark a single point on the rain forest.
- These two coordinates will be visible either numerical in the user account page or in the map view.
Visualization of the maps
- On the user account:
o On the user page, beside the photo and information should be an individual map. Something like: “My area on the rainforest”
This map should show the user coordinate zoomed in.
- On the main site:
o At the homepage should go a big map which shows the whole extension of the rainforest with all user points marked on them.
Feautures like zoom in and out and username-search should be available.
o Each marker represent an user, which can be clicked and expands a box with details and link to the user profile.
Other Joomla feautures should be created for a user community, like personal blog, personal messages and community forum.