I have a user-generated content site that has been designed using Boonex Dolphin software. The site is 90% complete but there are specific features, bells & whistles, that the site still requires.
I am interested in finding a programmer who can develop these unfinished items. Someone I can work with long term and rely on to fix future bugs and program new features into the site.
My needs range from the minor cosmetic fixes like placing details and links under a video player on the homepage to perhaps more complicated like making it possible to associate specific subcategories (mechanic) to specific categories (automotive) OR integrating banner ads into the ad system so that the site can utilize third party advertisers like adbrite and doubleclick. LongTail, the company that developed the video player I'm using, has a banner ad solution, however, so this may be pretty straight forward. These banner ads would ideally interchange randomly with the video and text ad galleries.
Generally speaking the site's needs are:
1. Admin improvements needed so that the site can be managed easier, for instance you can't currently search for content or determine as an administrator the account type of an advertiser or what type of ad (text, video or banner) is a Trial ad
2. Ad system improvements needed so that the site can generate revenues without frustrating advertisers, guests or members (such as advertiser and member side ad options, setting ads to not play in front of certain videos or other ads, and simply making it more user-friendly throughout the site and target demographic specific)
3. Advance search. Coding so that inputting into fields generate the expected results
4. Subcategory and Groups integration into their specific Categories
5. Would like to be able to allow members to embed videos into their blogs
6. Bottom links require some debugging. For instance the FAQ system doesn't seem ideal and it's missing icons suddenly and the Classifieds don't allow members to create classified ads. The FAQ could be as simple as the TOU, a simple HTML language file.
7. Events section can be more user friendly and logical. For instance events should list in order of next occurring event and by cities
8. Localizing all content, so that when a member logs in they see the content that matters to them based on their location instead of seeing everything on the site
9. A conversion solution for actual owners to claim placeholder profiles and create a new username
10. Bringing Photos tab in compliance with Videos tab as far as mimicing the look and function. The preexisting coding from the video tabs can be easily studied and copied to manage this.
11. Aesthetic fixes like the homepage links I mentioned above, or making the Video Title more visible
12. Other bugs that fall outside these areas. Minor, like placing a textual instruction beside a field on the join form, removing an "s" from a word, removing a link that has no purpose, tailoring the system generated emails to be more specific, resetting the google map feature, uploading via webcam, sending info to cell phone, etc.