Please bid this by looking at followings steps to reproduce this issue.
1. Install Sugar Community Edition 6.2.x
2. Use Internet Explorer 8 or 9 and login as admin
3. Navigate to Admin -> Studio
4. Select the Cases module (any module is OK)
5. Select Layout
6. Select Editview
7. Select one of fields and its pencil icon
8. Input any multibyte characer(s) as a label name
9. Click Save
10. The input character should be displayed where the field is located but its unicode code is displayed instead.
You need to fix this issue so that the input character is displayed correctly as a multibyte character in the layout editor.