I am in need of a script or application that can be executed on Windows 7 Professional (32bit or 64bit) systems to pull various information from the OS and save the inventory report in an XML format.
I have tried using MSINFO32, which does pull the data I require and does save the data in an NFO (XML) format but I have been unable to pull only the data points that I need. The MSINFO32 pulls and saves too much information.
This script or application will be located on the target hosts and will run via the windows scheduler on a daily basis.
• Must be highly configurable, with the ability to add and remove data points needed for inventory.
• Must have logging, for troubleshooting.
• Must save the data in an XML format
• Script can be created with WMI, Powershell, VB or other language based on supportability and interoperability.
• It would be helpful to include the functionality to post or send this data to a mysql db via php.
• An example of the Data Points needed for inventory include but not limited to (OS, Service Pack, PC Serial Number (Dell), PC Model, BIOS, IE Version, Java version, Adobe Flash version, Drive space)
• Must be able to be run without security prompts by the logged on user
• Must have documentation
• Solution must be supported for several days, I will test the solution on a production system and report any failures. Revisions or corrections must be provided until solution is working and stable.