We are a small development company looking for a dedicated PHP programmer resource to work 20-30 hours per week ongoing for client project work as well as several internal web site properties. This individual will be the primary programmer for our company as the current senior engineer needs to scale back from development operations.
Work will include new development for clients, modifications to existing websites, maintenance of existing websites. Cron-based scripts and new website development.
You should be available to sync up with the project manager, go over tasks sometime within a window of 6AM and 3PM PM GMT-7. There will be instances of same-day turnaround for smaller tasks, so some time should be available during this window as well to do actual coding work.
Ideally you should have at least 3-5 years hands on PHP experience and be comfortable producing back-end as well as front-end work.
- Hands-on PHP coding experience, including OOP experience
- Experience managing MySQL from both PHPMyAdmin and command line
- Experience managing and optimizing MySQL databases, ie knowing how to and when to use indexes, etc.
- Knowledge in setup and maintenance of LAMP or WAMP setups. Ability to install and configure Apache/PHP/MySQL/SSL on a server if needed.
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Ability to create simple, clean user interfaces from the ground up utilising HTML, CSS, Java script knowledge
- Experience with SVN for development work
- Experience with cron-based scripts
- Smarty Template Programming
- Experience working with and manipulating XML
- PayPal API and other payment API experience
- Experience with Codeignighter Frameworks
- Must be able to work independently and unsupervised
- Must be able to communicate status and reports to project manager on daily basis
- Must be comfortable working on several projects at once or shifting gears to work on priority items
- Must have well spoken and written English to be able to update clients directly in some circumstances via ticketing system, etc.
MUST be able to demonstrate some previous works - either screenshots or preferably working sites
MUST be reachable via skype or other IM protocol at an mutually agreed time window within 6AM and 3PM PM GMT-7. We dont mind if most development is done outside of these hours but there MUST be an agreed upon 'check in' time to review completed and new work and flexibility to work on a priority issue if it occurs. Ie, if we get a priority ticket at 9:30AM we are looking for someone who can investigate and resolve the issue before 6PM GMT-7 the same day if needed.
This position will need to start by 6/14/2011
Please send work experience, c.v if relevant and work samples.
Payment for this work will be on the 15th (or closest business day) and last business day of each month.
Your bid should be the monthly amount for payment assuming 20 hours per week. Please type the phrase 'Apples are red.' in a PM to me so I know you actually read this entire text.
61 freelancers are bidding on average $1069 for this job
I am a php mysql developer & I know Paypal API,database and other requirements which you need.I am interested to work in your project. My skype id is ranabd4