I need a simple PHP script that can be used to extract or scrape info from a website page and then show the content on my site. I have been using a plug-in for Wordpress called WP Web Scraper that works ok but I don’t think I need such a complex script plus I would like to be able to use it outside of Wordpress.
It needs to be able to run inside any div on a PHP page…I am new to php but from what I have learned so far that is a pretty normal function of a PHP script.
Here are the things I need it to do:
1. Extract the data from the URL that I specify and then add the scraped content to my site.
2. I would like the ability to specify the layout of the extracted data..example: (put the data into a table)
3. Include the ability to us the following function if needed: basehref: A parameter which can be used to convert relative links from the scrap to absolute links. For example, basehref="[url removed, login to view]", will convert all relative links to absolute by appending [url removed, login to view] to all href and scr values. Note that basehref needs to be complete path (with http) and no trailing slash.
4. If this is possible: Extract any images and upload them to my server during the scrape and rename the basehref to my url.
5. I need this script to be pretty universal so I can just change the URL and the parameters so I can use it on multiple sites.
10 freelancers are bidding on average $172 for this job
You may just need an easy to use adapter of the WP plug-in that would be called through AJAX. If you have a complex tool, the features you don't need can be hidden. You don't need to implement everything from scratch.