I would like a script to automatically add a row to an existing google spreadsheet whenever an email is received.
- Email arrives into an existing gmail account (dedicated for this purpose)
- The subject line contains data for the new row, with each column delimited by “~” characters. E.g.
Subject line: “Organise a meeting with Mike~5~URGENT”
The script would then create a new row in the google spreadsheet with the following information:
Column 1 value: “Organise a meeting with Mike”
Column 2 value: “5”
Column 3 value: “URGENT”
- There is a Google Spreadsheets API available with functionality to add rows: [url removed, login to view]
- The script needs to be hosted with a free hosting service which you will need to select & configure (search “free php hosting” for a list). I need this hosted this so I can maintain it myself please (i.e. not hosed on your hosting or shared hosting somewhere).
- You will probably need to set the script up as cron job to poll for new emails from the gmail account every minute (unless the free hosting comes with an email address you can take content directly from?)
- Basic documentation required please (e.g. account & ssh details for the free hosting, location of the script, etc)
- The script needs to scale if more “~” signs are used (e.g. if there are 5 “~” characters in the subject, 6 values/columns are present)
- Only information in the subject line should be used to create the new row. Any data in the body should be ignored.
- Login details for the gmail account & google spreadsheet will be provided to the successful bidder.