This project is for an application to be used by employees to "clock in/out" of their shifts at work. The software needs to meet ALL of the following requirements and all need to be successfully tested and implemented.
- Function for a Windows 7 OS
- Installed and administered easily by the end user (installer package would be helpful)
- A simple GUI with a space for a user interchangeable .gif/.jpg logo, a login field for employees, In/Out buttons, and a comment field
- Password protected options within the application for admin controls
- Webcam function which uses the default webcam to take a picture when someone logs/clocks in/out, images are stored in a directory, referenced by the username and date.
- Application stores information based on what time the user logged/clocked in/out, including comment field in a csv file.
- The application must calculate the difference in these times. I.e., total time worked for that shift
- The application while calculating the difference between in/out times ignores any times which do not include both in & out times for a single shift...this is in case someone forgets to log/clock in or out and prevents erroneous time totals
- When not in admin mode, the application would be a floating window which cannot be minimized or closed
- Within the administrative function there needs to be the following options available:
a.) Report function, which when chosen will ask for an employee ( from an available list of names), abd dates restriction (between x and x dates) will produce a visually clean report which can be printed and organized by date order from oldest to newest, with separate columns for date, in/out times, comment field, and for total hours per day
b.) Fields to "Add employee", which consists of First name, last name, ID number, and a custom field
c.) Options to delete employee, which will ask for employee from an available list of names
d.) Options to change the default image on the login interface/GUI, and the "names" of the "IN" "Out" Buttons, and the text before the comment field
e.) Options to change the admin password
f.) Options to change the directories which store the webcam pictures and CSV files
g.) Options to change the webcam settings through the default drivers (this should be easy)
A completed program would run very simply. An employee would see a floating window about the size of 800 x 600, at the top would be the space for the logo, below it would the current system time, and then below it, an empty field labeled "Please enter ID number" (this field should not need to use *** for the inputted characters) below that,that an empty comment field and below that the in and out buttons. After a valid ID number is entered, it will pull up the employees first and last name. The employee would have the opportunity to clock in or out and enter in a comment. The comment would be submitted when someone clocks in or out.
Below all of this in the corner would be link for "Admin login" which will ask for a passcode to enter the admin functions.
Please feel free to ask if you have any questions or need any clarification at all. As said earlier, this needs to be a fully working, stable, and tested application.
Time is not of the essence here, I would much rather prefer a stronger,better put together application, than one that is rushed. Max completion time is approx 15 days. Our budget max is around 200 dollars.
24 freelancers are bidding on average $474 for this job
I would rather overbid my time than not deliver before the promised date, but this project is similar to projects I have done before and should not take long to build. I thank you in advance for your consideration.