The purpose of this project is to produce a PHP Script that allows us to monitor how competitive our listings are within 3x major Shopping Comparison sites. It will do this by taking a list of model numbers (the products we are currently listing) and extracting equivalent competitor listings and prices, and then storing these data points in a MySQL database.
Script Specific Requirements:
1) Script must be written in PHP
2) Scraping terms (models) must be read from a MySQL table
3) Scraped data points must include (date, model, product condition if specified, competitor name, price, and url)
4) Scraped data points must be stored in a MySQL table
5) Script must have a rate-limiting capability (maximum requests per minute)
6) Data should be obtained via PHP cURL, imported as a DOMDocument, and parsed via SimpleXML / XPath
7) Script should be designed to run once per day and exit after all terms / models have been processed / retrieved
We are looking for a freelancer with proven success in producing web data extraction scripts. Script completion should take no longer than two weeks.