Company A is under contract to install, monitor and repair lighting infrastructure in my local area. My company Gorsel SNT Co is simply a subcontractor of Company A and we do the monitoring bit for them.
Every lighting pole used by Company A is uniquely identified with a six digit numbering system (xxxxxx). The first three digits represent the Source from which the pole is receiving electrical feed. The next three is the real pole number.
To aid our monitoring work, we've divided our operations into four zones. We group streets according to this zoning so as to ensure efficient use of fuel by our monitors and prevent cross-movements. So, for the time being, we have four monitoring officers manning these roads:
Our monitoring officers ride bikes everyday along the streets given them, to find out if the lights are working or not. They are given a template to fill out.
We generate our monthly reports by simply summing of all the reports of all the monitoring officers for the months herein stated.
So far, we're not applying any scientific ways to analyse the data we generate. We equally do not get inputs from the Company A team as to whether a particular fault we identified is incorrect, fixed or whatever. Management of Company A does not also get to know the status of the whole maintenance programme and this leads to 'stories'.
I intend basically listing findings of our monitoring guys on-line. We can then give access to Company A to log in and see which faults were identified. As discussed, the portal should have enough tools to aid scientific analysis of the project eg, faults recurring along the same pole should pop up after three days / history of faults / we can have this interactive feature which enables Management to know which fault has been fixed today, yesterday etc. In summary, these are my requirements:
1. Basically I want a software that can display online the findings of our monitoring officers.
2. I equally want the explore the possibility of hosting all the poles on maps. I believe it would make the output nicer. I have points of
interest of Accra that we could use to develop a good map. What I
don't have at present are the GPS coordinates of all the street
lights. But I can get them
3. I want to make the software interactive so when faults are identified by my team, and it is fixed by Company A, it is indicated on the website.
4. I want some analysis of faults e.g. History of faults, frequency of particular faults, etc. And I want to be able to generate reports from these.
5. If faults are identified, it should be possible for Company A to generate a works order from the website. Works orders are normally authorizations to do a particular work, pick certain tools, materials
6. From the website, we should be able to generate every kind of report possible (weekly, monthly, daily works, history of faults along particular streets etc)
7. This project is not very different from software used for tracking outdoor advertisements. I am dead sure you have many ideas as to improve the output I desire.
4 freelancers are bidding on average $1125 for this job
I am interested with this project. I used to work as a project maintenance coordinator so i understand your requirements. I am also an engineering degree holder. Thanks!
Hi, We have a gps data logging site (Web application) we can customize the application for your monitoring of street lights and give. More details are in PMB Regards Soma