Scoping for [url removed, login to view] (this is to be based on an existing, but non-competing site - [url removed, login to view])
Goals of new website
• enable New Zealand farmers to locate current clearing sales in their area
• enable farmers to list their own clearing sale privately
• real estate companies, stock agents etc to list clearing sales
• Provide an on-line marketplace to sell items that did not sell at a clearing sale
• Provide a forum for people to list ‘Wanted to Buy’ farm items
• Report on previous sales (Sales Reports)
• Provide some useful news etc i.e. blog section
Model the content (but not the design) of this site on [url removed, login to view] with the following variations / enhancements:
• More modern / cleaner design - the original site looks very out-dated and does not have any ‘automated’ features (e.g. payment etc)
• The home page will explain how to use the site etc
• Include news blog section
• Include search function that enables someone browsing to search by region (standard New Zealand regions) and also search by item. Browser should be able to save their search and receive automated notification of any new listings.
• The client should be able to fill out an ‘on-line’ form/schedule listing their items for sale, and upload images associated with each item. Payment should be automated without having to e-mail.
• The client should be able to securely pay for their listing on-line
• The listing will expire after the date of the clearing sale. E-mail (automated) should be sent advising that this has expired and suggesting that they list any unsold items on the ‘unsold’ section. The system should provide facility for them to ‘check’ – from their original listing schedule – those items that were unsold and include an asking price for the new listing.
• There should be facility for a ‘remote-bidder’ to place an online bid and pay for this securely on-line.
• There should be a separate on-line form specifically for real estate agents to complete, with additional fields for sale price, purchaser name, purchaser address, payment details. The intent is that the agent will be able to complete this form, during the auction, on an iPad or similar device, as the items sell. The purchase details could then be exported to a separate invoicing application.
I will provide text and image content as required.
This website MUST be user-friendly so that the user can easily modify content, and add and delete new pages as required.
Please contact me with any questions to help with your submission.