We have attempted to find a developer for this project before but it has fallen through, so we are posting it once again with further details and MORE WORK ALREADY DONE FOR YOU!
First...please be sure to ANSWER ALL OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS as part of your preliminary interview. Please note we are looking for a LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP whereas we can use yourself or your team for ALL OF OUR CLIENT PROJECTS. Secondly, to sum up the project, you will be building and working on the CMS portion of our very own websites as well as working on the frontend of the webs connect it to the CMS.
IT SHOULD BE UNDERSTOOD THAT ALL OF THE DESIGN ELEMENTS AND HTML FOR BOTH THE WEBSITE FRONTEND AND CMS BACKEND ARE BEING PROVIDED TO YOU. You are only developing the php/ajax needed and making everything functional. Please take this into account when you bid as more than 50% of the work is already doen for you. Now...the interview questions:
1) Attached is a VERY LONG and detailed spec document. As you will see, we have taken extreme care and a very large amount of time to produce this document. It outlines every page and feature of the CMS that we need as well as the work that is needed for the frontend. Have you read it all and do you understand it? If you don't have a question...that means you didn't read it...plain and simple.
2) Are you a single, lone programmer or do you have a team working with you or under you?
3) What are your [or your teams] skillset/potential? Full site design? PHP? Java? Flash? Ecommerce?
4) Can you [or you team] provide mobile application development? Droid? Iphone? Please provide examples.
5) Do you also offer SEO services?
6) Can you handle multiple projects at one time? This is very important; if we choose you for our project and things go well, you may become our sole servicce provider for MANY, MANY projects!
7) Do you understand that if after reading this attached spec document and you set a HARD DEADLINE with us; missed deadlines will not be tolerated!? You will receive payment penalties for every day late! We do understand the issue of natural disasters and acts of nature...so a slight grace period may be given, but within reason.
8) Design is very important to us and our clientele. As you will see for our own project, the design aspects are very specific. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO STICK TO THE EXACT DESIGN ELEMENTS YOU ARE PROVIDED WITH. Can you abide to this?
9) We appreciate team players. Are you outside of the box thinkers? Can you realize if something was overlooked and can make the logical decision or assumption that it should be brought up OR JUST DONE ANYWAY?
10) Can you provide frontend samples of the websites you have done?
11) Can you provide BACKEND/CMS examples of the work you have done? Note...if you do not provide this, you will automatically NO LONGER BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OR ANY OF OUR PROJECTS
12) What type of progress reports and communication updates do you offer? We cannot stand it when programmers go missing...project will be canceled if more than 72 hours in communication is lacking.
13) Do you have skype?
14) As you will see with our CMS design, and module features, this will be a COMMON CMS DESIGN that we will begin to use for our clientele. As well, many of the modules we use for ourselves will become common to our clients' website. Can you easily implement these onto these websites? Its almost like carbon copying with a few minor changes.
15) Along with question number 12 above, are you open to working out a per module pricing scheme with us for further client work?
Once again, please be sure to ANSWER ALL of the above questions and be sure to READ THE ENTIRE PDF SPEC SHEET. Please take into consideration when bidding that this has all been layed out excessively for you (hence the long document) and all design elements have been completed (this is half of your work). ALL IN ALL, THIS IS A SIMPLE PROJECT...it may just look complicated due to the spec.