I'm creating an online store that will sell sporting goods and other related items but I know nearly enough about webdesign,database and programming so I need someone to create the site to get me up and running.
To give you an idea of what I'm looking for, check "steepandcheap.com"
I would like my site to have all the functionality of this site but have a relatively unique look to it.
Should allow for easy adding and selling of products on the site and for payment to be directly transferred to a PayPal account and the information about the seller and what he/she bought to my e-mail.
I want a search engine on the site and I think you have to teach how to use it (add new items, remove old ones).
The shopping should provide an add to cart system, and should automatically calculate shipping based on zipcode.
The site will need a registration form and a member area,
Registration info should be sent to my inbox and I should have control over members' accounts. If someone tries to buy any product without login, they will be redirected to a login page. People should be able to look at all parts of the site without registering.
There should also be a forum for discussion. Nothing special, just like the one on "steepandcheap.com". To post to the forum you must register with a login name and email address only. If people try to buy, it then goes to complete registration with address and additional info.
Not looking for anything groundbreaking. Something simply designed yet very functional. Hopefully someone will have done something like this so coding mine will just be quick and repetative. Here is a list of what the site must have to give an idea, but pretty much all the functionality of (see "steepandcheap.com" or "whiskeymilitia.com", thats what im looking for):
- Logo in upper right
- Website must stretch to fit the screen its being viewed on
- Navigation buttons at top
- One large picture of each item
- Smaller thumbnail of other colors and sizes available in that item
- Text area for description
- Table to put item specs in
- Small input field to email the item information to a friend.
- A feature to show how many of the item is in stock (should automatically subtract items when they are sold).
- A one bar graph to show how many are remaining (should automatically update when items are sold).
Again, I hope someone has something close to this so they can just throw it together. Nothin major plus I've given two site to model it after.