My client is running a magazine web site utilizing a hand-built CMS written in php that uses a simple MySQL database at [url removed, login to view]
We need a proficient, experienced web designer and PHP developer who can:
- Update the CMS with 9 new article fields that will power new dynamic front-end template coding
- Design a new homepage, article page, Table of Contents page, and search results/index page templates according to our specs and comps. There will be alternative views of the home, article and TOC pages for logged in vs. logged out users
- Skin and program those new design templates according to our specs
- Integrate a Google-powered search across the site
- Program issue and Category index pages based on existing issue and Category tags in the CMS
- Integrate Disqus on all article pages (while maintaining existing comments to read only)
- Program a user registration process that collects username, password, email address, and subscription account code (to be passed to magazine fulfillment house for verification as active, paid print subscriber)
Overall, the site is going to be a very simple magazine archive. The most complicated aspect of the project is likely the registration process with verification.
Please send design and programming comps with your bid. Magazine web site experience a huge plus.