This project is to adapt and integrate a digg like module or pligg, into our existing website.
That means :
- Use our existing member id and nickname to post articles & comments
-> possibility to use the session parameter and existing User table to make it work
- make 4 different views adapted with our existing graphic look & feel :
1. List of all the articles posted filtered on a category (we have 20 000 cartegories)
2. List a synthesis of the 3 most voted articles by category (this synthesis should be 470px(width) x 350px (height) in order to be inserted with an iframe into our existing summary page.). Possibility to vote and to see the complete list (cf 1.)
3. Adapt Pligg or Digg like in order to be able to post embed video (like youtube, dailymotion, myspace…) instead of articles. Keep same possibility to vote and to post comment on it. This page would list all the video posted on a category
4. Synthesis of the most popular video of the week for the concerned category (470px / 350px : same size in order to insert it with an iframe into the exisiting summary page)
Little stuff to adapt :
- add the picture and name of the user who posted the article or the video
- Use 2 types of vote by article and video :
The total of votes should be use for the ordering of pertinent article/week.
We can provide the id of the category with a parameter in the URL, in order to link this module with the existing summary page.
2 important criteria which will make our choice :
- the ability to integrate with a good design this module (using our graphic template or look and feel) -> css, graphic ability (photoshop)
- the ability to adapt pligg or to recreate digg with our existing data (categories and users data) -> php/mysql
Bonus can be given if the video solution provided is different than a simple embedded script.
-> the perfect solution would be to be able to create a playlist (with the information given by member) and that could be used in 1 single video player (the jeroenwijering player : [url removed, login to view] ). If you know this player that would be great to use it in order to play automaticly the video as soon as we arrive on the page.