Finish Development on Niche Social Networking Site
This is an uncompleted Social Networking site for a specific niche. Most of the major infrastructure has been built and currently working based on Drupal 7.4. I am looking for you to take over the design & development of the site. I will provide general requirements here- and when I obtain a short list of quotes and portfolios from potential developers/designers, I will provide complete specifics and details as to how the site will look and function. You will then be able to re-submit an updated quote to me once you have had the opportunity to review the specifics.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A COMPLETE PORTFOLIO OF GRAPHIC DESIGN WORK AND DRUPAL SITES YOU COMPLETED, AS WELL AS LEGITIMATE REFERENCES OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! I WILL CHECK YOUR REFERENCES BEFORE AWARDING YOU THE PROJECT!
• Complete, easy and open communication with me either by phone, instant messenger, and/or email. Fast response to my communication attempts are critical.
• Fluent in written/spoken English for easier communication
• Can show me an extensive portfolio of graphic design work, and Social Networking Sites completed within the Drupal platform
• Extensive knowledge in SEO, Advertising Modules, and building Social Networking Sites.
• Must be able to maximize code and design of site for top performance.
• Must be fluent in Drupal, PHP and MySQL
• Must be able to develop for future scalability, and develop the site in the CORRECT MANNER to maximize future development efforts and performance.
• Developer must provide ongoing support for the site for the 1st 6 months after completion. After that I may choose to retain your support services on an ongoing basis.
• Site is to be VERY SIMILAR TO: [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] in functionality and look/feel. Please review those sites to obtain a good idea of what I’m looking for!
• Site is to be a clean, minimal & open design, not too many graphics for faster performance. I will provide a description of ideas to help get you started.
• Minimal graphic design work including Logos, buttons, Animated Banner Graphic, Header/Footer, and buttons. May require minimal other graphics depending on overall design. All Files are to be provided in Photoshop w/ layers included for possible future use.
• Layout design to be built using CSS3 Files for overall look/feel of site (including columns, borders around blocks, text/font, etc)
• Site is to be reviewed for proper security & performance development- make sure Clean Urls, Directories are correct, permissions, security, and SEO. Any modules installed must be the latest stable releases to maintain proper security levels and prevent hacks/spam.
• Various blocks are to be built for user interface (related content, popular tags, recent comments/discussion, etc)
• Users will be able to submit content for ‘Tutorials’ in a multi-step process- very similar to submitting content on instructables.com.
• Members are to achieve various reputation points for doing certain activities on the site- submitting content, giving/receiving comments, forum topics, tutorials, etc. The more they interact with the site, the more points they earn. See UserPoints Module.
• Users can upload various content types (already built)- and have other members ‘’love’ the content, or add the content to their favorites. Like/Favorite stats will be available on the content pages, as well as the Users’ Profile Pages.
• Users can also ‘Follow’ other users. They will see an updated Activity Stream of the users they are following on a specific page or block. This is very similar to a Facebook Wall. Users who are being followed will also have a count designated with blocks on their o