I am in need of a tag cloud script. The script is very simplistic in function.
The MAIN purpose of the site I am building is that of the Tag Cloud. This cloud will make up the main page of the site.
The purpose of the cloud is to link to users of Youtube. Each link in the cloud is generated based on user submissions to the site (not youtube).
Below is how the script should function.
1. Users to my site will have an opportunity to nominate their favorite Youtube user to the cloud. They do this by typing in the username in a field (Example – khayav) – centered at the top of the main page.
2. Below this field is the cloud displaying the top 200 usernames nominated (The script should automatically lowercase all nomination names and display the names in the cloud as all lowercase)
3. Each name in the cloud is clickable to lead to the user’s page on youtube. So, the standard link "[url removed, login to view]; is used with the name of the user to complete the link – looking like so if the username “khayav” is used: "[url removed, login to view];.
4. Each user submission should limit one nomination per IP address and only influence the tag cloud for a maximum of 7 days.
5. The more submissions for a youtube user, the bigger and bolder the link within the cloud (as is standard with tag clouds). These names will grow and shrink based on the number of ACTIVE nominations in a 7 day period.
The basic idea of this cloud is to show the top, user nominated, youtubers.
I have searched for tag cloud scripts and they all seem very simple, I just do not know how to make it interactive as mentioned above.
This project is for the scripting only. I will do all front end design.