Hello, I am Chief Warrant Officer Nathan W. Tierney, and am currently on active duty with the United States Army. Recently, I have launched a website called “The Frontlines”, which empowers members of the armed forces, veterans, family and friends through a network that provides resources, education, and the ability to share their stories from the frontlines. Veterans and their descendants represent nearly 1/3 of the total U.S. population, and yet only 8 million veterans currently access their benefits (Department of Veterans Affairs, 2010). The Frontlines is a social utility network, which overcomes this disparity by uniting all federal, state, and local veteran organizations, in order to enhance veteran awareness about disability, medical, educational benefits, and foster a safe inclusive environment for storytelling as a form of healing. The Frontlines provides a free platform for sharing stories about their experiences while serving in any branch of the armed forces, to include the Coast Guard and National Guard. The website allows the storyteller to creatively share their experience through video, audio, photos, or art. The purpose of the storytelling is to:
a) Document a personal account of a particular combat experience
b) Provide a safe and supportive arena in which to share such a story
c) Develop a sense of community to overcome what, for many veterans, is a lonely experience
d) Preservation and education, to inspire future generations toward selfless service
Storytellers receive no money for their efforts. However, 100% of all donations made on the website is given directly to the nonprofit organizations Wounded Warrior Project, or The Fisher House. Future plans are to expand the choices of vetted nonprofits that support veterans and military families.
I am looking for a capable web developer to complete this project. I have an excel/SQL database and flow diagram (attached) , and simply want to have it displayed on the site as users interact with it. Please visit (removed by admin) and let me know. The specific section I seek to change is the "Resources" [url removed, login to view] you very much for your time.
Ensure you are familiar with Wordpress and can accomplish the work in accordance with the attached PDF. Beginning with Step 4 of this PDF until the end is how I envision the display of the user selected data looking. I already have the background jpegs of the blank dossier available for use. Please ensure that you are capable of producing this prior to bidding. Thank you
Hello, I am getting a lot of good offers, but must ensure the following before awarding the contract:
1) Build enhancements to thefrontlines.com within the current CMS (Wordpress) (as outlined in PDF)
2) Create the Needs Assessment as outlined in the PDF so that users can select the categories they are interested in.
3) Create the Checklist of selected items as outlined in the PDF so that users can have their personalized checklist of items that fit their needs. This checklist will be available once logged on, and will be available for user upon re-entering the website. If user wants checklist items to change he/she must be able to go back to the Needs Assessment.
4) Create ability for user to rate content and submit comments that will display on our forum.
5) Create ability to submit content for posting on the resources database (but vetted by the frontlines). This can be accomplished by a simple email/form sent to email@example.com.
6) There must be a way for me to monitor users use of the Needs Assessment topics and provide me the following data which can be exported to CSV or Excel, so that I can ensure we are providing suitable content and resources for service members.
a. How many times a topic is selected by individual user and total users
b. How much time (in minutes) a user spends on a selected topic
c. How many comments are made on a particular topic, and by whom.
d. Other pertinent data that can be discussed after contract is awarded
AGain, thank you for the bids, but please ensure you/your company is capable of finishing this project before bidding. Future upgrades and projects may be awarded based off of ability to produce this project as outlined above and in PDF. Thank you.
If you are unable to meet the complete specs outlined, please do not bid on this project.