We run osc 2.2 and we wish to modify the way products can be purchased throughout store and help organise customer queries and requests better.
1) For customer queries we need to track all the queries and convert to a quote when the information becomes available.
2) If customers want to covert a quote to a purchase they can add to basket with the price set in the quote or telephone to complete the sale
3) Quotes are valid until expired or cancelled by our store
There are 3 similar functions we wish our webstore to have:
1) PRICE ON APPLICATION (POA) (Where we wish for osc not to display the price on store, the customer needs to fill in a form to get a price quote)
2) PRICE MATCH REQUEST (PMR) (If a product is on sale and they have seen cheaper elsewhere they can submit a price match request and we can check it before deciding to reduce the price or not)
3) MANUAL / WATCH SOURCING QUERY (If the customer is looking for a particular item and it is not on our product database, etc they can contact us through email, phone, webform etc. We can store the customers details as query, if we are able to source then we can convert the query to a quote as a misc sale)
Each of these functions allow for the customer to follow an email link to unique quote id where they can purchase the item on our website or they can telephone to purchase.
If the customer calls instead we can find the quote and transfer the information into the oscommerce orders page using a button
* All quotes to be viewable and editable in the osc admin screen from a single page and 4 status types for dealing with quotes.
1> New quotes: All new queries generated are set to this status
2> Processing: When have started querying suppliers for information
3> Quoted: We generate a unique quote for customers to click on a link in email or button to buy at a set price
4> Expired / Cancelled: When quotes have expired we put them here for follow-up or deletion
* Project winner would need experience in Oscommerce (including the shopping cart & checkout process), PHP, MYSQL, CSS, and designing & sending emails in HTML format
* We need to discuss how the quote gets put into the basket and how it goes through the checkout procedure as we are unsure how it works.
* Function details and flowcharts are attached for your analysis and discussion for any suggestions before any project is commenced.
* The attached spec sheet is a preliminary design and is open to change or improvement suggestions.
* The project winner would be responsible for designing the table data formats and functions required for all the functions.
* Once approved we will work with you to design the HTML pages and emails during the project
Please see detailed spec sheet and flowchard diagrams attached
Mockup demonstration screenshots available on to download at
[url removed, login to view]