Existing E-Commerce website created in OsCommerce has many custom features.
We are currently using the Gift Classes and Vouchers Module, but really dislike the way that it works.
HOW IT WORKS NOW:
1. User buys a pre-determined gift card amount.
2. User checks out.
3. User is given credit under My Account for gift voucher.
4. User has to go under My Account, click Send Gift Certificate, enter a recipient and then choose an Amount to send (giving the ability to send LESS than the amount purchased, but why would anyone want to do this?)
5. Recipient comes to the website to redeem gift certificate.
HOW WE WOULD LIKE IT TO WORK:
1. (optional) Would prefer if user could enter ANY amount instead of having preset gift certificate amounts. This part is optional.
2. User enter the email recipient and a small message before adding to cart.
3. User checks out.
4. Upon successful checkout, gift certificate number is sent to recipient along with user's message. NO APPROVAL PROCESS BY ADMIN EITHER.
Doesn't this make sense? Why hasn't anyone written this before?