Basically, I need a Document Management System that provides the basic functions of this type of system (screenshots attached).
• Create ‘Users’ and ‘Groups’
o ‘Default Users’ (any employee of the company)
o ‘Admin Users’ (IT personnel from the same company)
o ‘Groups’ (groups of users or more groups)
• Manage permission sets‘Access Control Lists’ (ACL’s)
o ‘None’ (cannot see documents, folders not name of objects)
o ‘See Name’ (can only see object names, cannot open nor click them)
o ‘Read’ (can open documents and see objects)
o ‘Modify metadata’ (can modify metadata, change object name, etc.)
o ‘Write’ (can modify document content)
o ‘Delete’ (only owners can delete documents or folders)
• Allow to apply ‘Permission Sets’ (ACL’s) to Cabinet, Folders and Documents.
• Allow to create ‘Company’ (only ‘Admin users’). Company name cannot exceed 20 characters long.
• Allow to create ‘Cabinet’ (only ‘Admin Users’)
• Allow to create ‘Folders’ (if the user is the owner of a folder or have ‘Write’ or ‘Delete’ access in an specific location)
• Allow to upload, download documents (if the user has Read/Write permissions)
• Document names cannot exceed 60 characters long; the system should recommend to use the ‘Description field to be more descriptive’.
• Allow to see document'metadata'
o Default metadata: object name, description, format, size, creation date, modify date, etc.
• Support uploading document versions of existing documents (if the user has Read/Write permissions).
• Provide a 'WebDav' component for Copy/Paste and Drag/Drop files.
• Allow to search documents selecting their metadata.
The site have to be the same, or extremely similar, to the screenshots in the attached document.
The DMS platform should be based on the following components:
• MySQL database: for metadata information
• A File Server: To file company data (folders and files)
• A Web Server (PHP pages): Where the user and employees work.
o PHP for functions
o CSS for Styles
• Web Browser by default should be Internet Explorer 10, second choice is Google Chrome
• Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal are not accepted, avoid offering customizations related to it, or simillar to it.
• No DLL files should be created
The methodology is that documents and folders, in the DMS server, are formed by a database (metadata) and a file server, to get the files.