We are looking for an experienced PHP/MySQL developer to rewrite an older script which once worked quite well… but doesn’t seem to anymore. It was never very pretty, so each of the ten (10) HTML webpages it generates needs minimal cosmetic enhancement.
But the fact that it did work well is the key. It just needs to be brought into the new technology, prettied-up, and enhanced a bit.
Short Description of the Original Script:
This is a 2005 script written in PHP/MySQL that operates automatically so musicians can upload a music file, store it, get an HTML link to listen to it, and even download a Flash player to embed in a website. It worked quite well but it wasn’t a very attractive site.
It was actually built to be a marketable product that included installation instructions about how to upload to a website, how to modify, and how to create a MySQL database for it to use. But now it won’t load and we assume it is because the much newer versions of PHP and MySQL just can’t deal with some part of the “legacy” code.
This was intended to be a members only site, meaning that only registered members with proper access credentials could log into it. Because of that, there is some amount of advertising and of course the normal payment processing capabilities.
• Remove all advertising banners and code
• Remove all payment processing functions
• Standardize the pages to 800 px wide and the generic embedded fonts
• Wepages to be displayed via HTML
• Add ability for end-user to customize the header/footer
• Create space for one banner per page using the “[url removed, login to view]” code
• Formulate minor cosmetic enhancements as necessary
• Produce ZIP file that can be sold to end users and easily installed
Other Project Requirements:
• Clean, compliant code
• Estimated number of visitors per month: 100,000 maximum
• Load time of less than three (3) seconds
• Cross-browser compatibility as follows:
- IE 7, 8, 9
- Firefox: 4,5,6
- Safari: 4, 5
- Chrome: 7-16
• The site must be flexible for adding future content and for product expansion
• Solid PHP/HTML coding experience
• Moderate design skills
• Ability to be part of the Team... remotely
Please provide a link to a similar project you have worked on. And when you respond, let us know if you would be interested in participating in a mega PHP/MySQL project that will be funded in 2012 Q1.
php, mysql, web-design
11 freelancers are bidding on average $18/hour for this job
We have all the required designer and developer you are looking for and can allocate dedicated resources for your project. You will be very happy and satisfied of our services.
Hello Sir , Its a great pleasure for me to bid on this project. I have read the requirements and interested to have further discussion on [url removed, login to view] details are in PMB. Best Regards VIJIT !!