Project: Ground-breaking, historical music documentary series with associated web content and iPad app. We are located in Santa Monica California and looking to hire local if possible. This is a high profile opportunity (national exposure) for the right person.
We are seeking an inspired, enthusiastic web/iPad app designer with an eye for detail, who is passionate about graphic design. You will work closely with the production team to produce unique, creative solutions for the online experience.
We are interested in those who like to have their hands on multiple projects, who can leading a team, and who are extremely good (inDesign, css, java script, php, HTMl 5). We work in Adobe Creative Suite 5.5, live in Photoshop, and use our html knowledge to help inform design decisions. We appreciate those who can solve problems, bring new ideas to the table and contribute a positive attitude and an innovative spirit.
- Work closely and collaborate with Creative Director and Documentary Production team.
- Create compelling and dynamic websites, mobile layouts
– Work directly from comprehensive wireframes
You should also be able to implement low end social media initiatives, be familiar with FB and Twitter, and have ideas for innovative QR strategies. You should understand how to leverage WP technology to provide CMS solutions for appropriately scaled websites.
- 7+ years designing for the web.
- Have worked on full-scale web design for a minimum of 2-3 significant entertainment sites.
- Mobile/tablet design experience.
- A proven conceptual thinker who can translate ideas into design solutions.
- Extremely detail oriented, down to pixel-perfect implementation.
- Mastery of core design programs, including Photoshop, Illustrator + InDesign (Creative Suite 5).
- Expert use and understanding of current typographical, graphical, navigational, and web standards best practices.
- Solid experience in product-driven web design, expert grasp of site structure, navigation, UI principles, and wireframes.
- Knowledgeable in formal usability testing experience (and success), impact of data and application to design proposition.
- An inquisitive mind that enjoys staying current with creative trends and new technologies.
- Good communication skills, with a willingness to share ideas and contribute to a collaborative effort.
- High degree of initiative, with ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Grasp of ad production as it relates to web design (takeovers, overlays, banner ads, etc.)
- App/Ipad design experience.
- You should be a fan of the [url removed, login to view] site and its friendly cutting edge user experience.