I am looking to have a simple share market forum built that is a cross between hotcopper(dot)com and twitter(dot)com. I am not familiar with website design and hosting therefore I am looking for someone that would be able to construct the whole forum and I will only be required to modify colour schemes, logos etc but not be required to do any coding. I will also be looking for someone that would be able to explain what they have constructed and aid me in getting the forum up and running. If you explore the two websites that I mentioned above, you will have a better idea of what I am looking for. You will have a lot of free rein over building the website as well as working very closely with me if there are any problems to ensure that the forum is AWESOME!
WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR?
- Individual accounts for each user. This would consist of putting in personal details as well as an email address through which the account has to be activated. Members should be able to upload a picture of an avatar of their choice as well as making information about their hobbies and interests available for other members to see. It should also contain information about how many posts they have made, when they joined, who they are following and what companies as well as who is following them.
- When someone logs into their account I want members to have a live feed of members and forum topics, which they have selected to ‘follow’. I would like members to have three tab choices where they are able to choose of either to see the feed (of new posts) of just the members that they chose to follow or see the feed of forum topics (companies) which they chose to follow or both.
- I want the comments made by individuals to appear as they do on the twitter forum. However I want the member to have the option of either selecting the new comments to appear continuously as they are posted by other members or for there to me a little bar to pop up listing the amount of new comments ready to load (similar to twitter).
- The comments should be positioned within a “speech bubble” which contains the name of the person that posted the comment and the time and date of when the comment was posted. I would also like to have the price of the share at the time of the comment, which would most likely originate from a link with [url removed, login to view] or asx.com. The members name should be linked to their page where other members have the option of ‘following’ that specific person. I also would like it so that member can add HTML code links from other websites such as [url removed, login to view] so that the picture appears as part of their comment. On each comment, there should be the option of alerting admin of any abusive language.
- There should also be room for advertising on the top and right hand side of the website similar to that of Hotcopper(dot)com or anywhere else that you find convenient.
These are some points to provide a rough indication of what I am looking for so that you are able to make a reasonable decision on how much it will cost to have this forum build. As mentioned previously, I would require you to use your initiative when building the site to make any improvements that you think are necessary. I intend to work very closely along side you so that whenever there are any issues that they are quickly correct and answered. I have attached some scanned drawings do give a rough idea of what I had envisioned that the website should look like. I intend to make the website simple and basic initially so that it is not too expensive or long to build. If the forum becomes popular, I would very likely require a lot more work to be done on the forum such as linking it with live data feed and other gadgets to make the forum more attractive. It also would likely result in ongoing paid technical support by the developer if they are interested.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask!